If you have high blood sugar and have not been to a Medical Doctor then it is recommended you do so as soon as possible. In fact, if you have been diagnosed with diabetes and then you probably already know that the three most important things you can do for your health are: exercise on a regular basis, be careful to eat frequently, and watch the type of foods that you eat. Right now, I want to focus on what foods to eat and not eat if you have diabetes.
5 DIABETIC FRIENDLY SALADS Some Tasty
DIABETIC LEMON COCONUT COOKIES Some Tasty
The following is a list of the foods to eat if you have diabetes:
1. High fiber foods. One of the best foods that you can eat if you are diabetic is lentils. One bowl of lentil soup each day will give you the magnesium and proteins to keep you going. There are so many benefits to getting lentils but they are not the only high fibrous food that you should be eating. Other high fiber foods include multiple grains, oats cereal, etc.
2. Fish. This is one of the best forms of protein and is the kind of food you can eat as often as you would like as it does not have any negative effect on your blood glucose levels.
3. Unsweetened yogurt and skim milk. These are both really good foods to eat if you have diabetes but you must make sure that you do not consume these dairy products if they are filled with sugar.
Check out these related articles, too:
The following is a list of the foods not to eat if you have diabetes:
1. Fats. If you have diabetes then it is recommended that you stay away from as much saturated fat as possible.
2. Sweets. For obvious reasons the diabetic should try to avoid eating sweets as much as possible. The main reason for this is because of the high and quick spike in blood sugar related to these products.
Learn More About What Foods for Diabetes [http://isthe.org/question-topics/82-what-foods-to-eat-and-not-to-eat-if-you-have-diabetes-.html].
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/4382307