Diabetes over the past several decades has greatly affected the lives of millions of Americans. According the advent of modern day research we can finding methods to help treat the disease. Unfortunately, it is incurable. Diabetes is a chronic disease in which the body can not produce or utilize the required dose of insulin correctly. In certain cases, individuals are unable to produce insulin, requiring them to take insulin shots for their glucose to be utilized. The goal for the treatment of diabetes is to control blood sugar levels and to prevent its harmful affects on various organs of the body.
Check out these related articles, too:
As ongoing research has been done, many scientists are starting to understand the affects of vitamins and herbs on those with diabetes. Many products that contain high quality B-complex which have shown promising affects on Diabetic neuropathy. Diabetic neuropathy is a peripheral nerve disorder, which can initially cause numbness, tingling, and pain in lower extremities. Occasionally, the affects of this disorder may be slight felt and can go unnoticed. Over time if the disease is not managed the nerve damage created, can affect various extremities, digestive tract, sexual organs. One of the biggest concerns for many doctors have is that patients may lose sensation in their feet, which can cause foot injuries to go unnoticed. Patients may develop severe infections or ulcers from this lack of sensation that it can lead to gangerous growth.
There is a plethora of vitamins and herbs that help supplement the nutritional regiment of a diabetic patient. A person living with diabetes requires the more regimented lifestyle with restricted diets. They also require certain vitamins in their diet to maximize their health and wellness. Vitamins are recommend for everyone, because on a day to day we sometimes are unable to obtain the right quantity of nutrition. Also, we may not eat the recommend amount for our body. The nutritional demand various from one person to the next.
Vitamins for Diabetics - Here is a detailed listing of certain vitamins that necessary for diabetic patients. There is also a brief explanation for how they can benefit your body.
- Vitamin E - improves insulin activity and is powerful antioxidant. Studies have illustrated that higher levels of Vitamin E help to improve the glucose tolerance of Type 2 Diabetic patients
- Vitamin C - helps to lower sorbitol levels in diabetics. Sorbitol is a sugar that can accumulate around the eyes, nerves, and kidneys, which with time may potential damage these organs.
- Vitamin B6 - as mentioned above, B-complex vitamins has be observed to affect Diabetic neuropathy. Vitamin B6 can also minimize glucose intolerance in pregnant, diabetic patients.
- Vitamin B12 - can reduce nerve damage caused by diabetes in most individuals.
- Biotin - is an important B vitamin that is necessary to process glucose. It is particular important, since it works with insulin. It also progresses the activity of glucokinase, an enzyme starts the glucose metabolic process. Glucokinase is generally found at low levels in those that suffer from diabetes. Those, biotin helps to create and propagate more of this compound to carry out necessary reactions.
- Chromium - this is very important nutrient for those with diabetes. According to studies, chromium helps to lower insulin levels, decrease fasting glucose levels, and increase glucose tolerance. Nonspecifically, it has been observed decrease triglycerides and cholesterol levels.
- Manganese is an important cofactor in the key enzymes of glucose metabolism.
- Magnesium -generally impacts the glucose levels; It has been thought magnesium deficiency can affect insulin secretion of the pancreas and causing insulin resistance in certain tissues.
- Vanadium - has been observed to increase insulin sensitivity ; and decrease the needed amount insulin for patients.
- Inositol - is needed to maintain health nerve function. It can help the curb the nerve abnormalities associated with moderate to severe nerve damage created by this disorder.
The vitamins or nutrients listed above are very important for that suffer with Diabetes. It is necessary for such individual to take a quality multivitamin that contain these ingredients. Most people that battle this disease under the difficulties associated with the lifestyle. In more severe circumstances, individuals are forced to take insulin shots to normalize their glucose levels. Medicine is one of the most fundamental ways to regulate the aspects of this disorder. One, should also seek more vitamin regiments to help their body with the necessary nutrient. The best possible way to approach any medical situation is to look at the problem from all angle. Vitamins and proper nutrition can sometimes help us internal help ourselves.
Vilash Reddy is president of Doc1Vitamins.com [http://www.doc1vitamins.com]
This is a comprehensive nutritional website that features physician developed, highly effective vitamins and nutritional supplements. It contains various health resources for help educate visitors on the importance of quality nutrition and supplementation.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/769879